Zalman ZM400B APS not in recommended list?

PSUs: The source of DC power for all components in the PC & often a big noise source.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

mai9

Zalman ZM400B APS not in recommended list?

Post by mai9 » Sun May 02, 2004 3:30 pm

I can't find Zalman ZM400B-APS on the recommended list of PSUs, only the Zalman ZM300A-APF is there. Is this for any reason?

note, that PSU was reviewed here:

http://www.silentpcreview.com/article153-page1.html

chylld

Post by chylld » Sun May 02, 2004 3:42 pm

the lists take a while to update. be patient, mikec will eventually find time to put it in :)

hopefully one of the things he's busy with is fixing the 'recent post' panel on the main page to show recent posts in the new watercooling forum, something i requested a while back.

josephclemente

Post by josephclemente » Sun May 02, 2004 4:03 pm

chylld wrote:the lists take a while to update. be patient, mikec will eventually find time to put it in :)

hopefully one of the things he's busy with is fixing the 'recent post' panel on the main page to show recent posts in the new watercooling forum, something i requested a while back.
I always wondered why nobody ever talks about watercooling here, LOL. The "Gallery" seems to have this problem, too... I never notice when someone posts there...

mai9

Post by mai9 » Sun May 02, 2004 7:01 pm

ah ok, I'll just wait then. Just wanted to know the exact position in the recommended list because that's the PSU I wanted to buy. :roll:

btw, nobody told me the typical blue welcome :oops:

sthayashi
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by sthayashi » Sun May 02, 2004 7:33 pm

WELCOME TO SPCR

Yeah, I fussed at MikeC to be a bit more specific when recommending one of the Seasonics and not mentioning the exact model number of the one recommended (if you've checked out Seasonic's product listings, you'll understand why).

Suffice to say, it gets updated "whenever MikeC feels like it". In this regard, I'd be willing to help him out some, but I think there are others who are better qualified to do this.

Anyways, I'll give you my thoughts on this power supply. It's much quieter than the Antec TruePower 550, which has a 6 for noise. However, by the numbers, it's not as quiet as the Enermax. So put it down for 7 for noise.

I don't know what the qualifications for build quality are, but from the outside, it seems pretty well built. At least a 7, if not an 8.

mai9

Post by mai9 » Wed May 05, 2004 7:35 am

ok, thanks for your comments.