Anyone here with Seasonic Super Silencer 400 rev. a3?

PSUs: The source of DC power for all components in the PC & often a big noise source.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

RLiu818

Anyone here with Seasonic Super Silencer 400 rev. a3?

Post by RLiu818 » Sun Jul 04, 2004 11:26 pm

I got a Seasonic Super Silencer 400 and i noticed it is a bit different than the one pictured in the updated review.

The one in mike's picture has the integrated SATA power connectors (two of them).

Mine however, although saying Serial ATA Ready on the box and the PSU, just comes with a dinky SATA power adapter (allowing for only one SATA power connection).

How many of you got the same exact one Mike got??

Okatha

Post by Okatha » Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:13 am

I got a 460W SS with the Serial ATA ready sticker on it, and it just came with one cable as well. Actually a little concerned about the quality of it, the molex pins seem a little loose. :/

What really sucks is I ordered it from excaliberpc.com, and I returned it to get an A3 (Which they were very helpful with so I'm very grateful to them), and I just got my A3 today. I'm also wondering about the fan they used, I can see SUPERRED through the grille.. Cheng Home Electronic, and I'm guessing this is the model number, CHA8012CB-A. I have no idea if this fan is comparable to a Yate Loon or not. MikeC's review seems to indicate it's not as good, but honestly without hearing the two I don't think I can make an informed opinion.

Does anyone know how I can tell if the new Mini-PCB is in there without taking it apart? I'd rather not void the warranty. :|

Just as a side note, we need a Nervous emoticon. :wink: