US/Canadian store to buy Seasonic PSU

PSUs: The source of DC power for all components in the PC & often a big noise source.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

jackdan

US/Canadian store to buy Seasonic PSU

Post by jackdan » Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:55 am

Hi everyone, I'm assembling a new pc and of course I want it to be silent. Reading the recommend PSU guide it says that the new Rev A3 of the Seasonic Super Tornado 300 is the most silent one. Apparently previous revisions had a problem with the fan and the efficienty or something.

My question is, where can I buy a Seasonic Super Tornado 300 and be certain that it is a Rev A3? Have they been out long enough so that they are pretty much the norm now, or do stores still ship out older revisions?

On a side note, which would be better, an older revision of this PSU or the nexus NX-3000?

Thanks in advance,

Jd

LucidDreams

Re: US/Canadian store to buy Seasonic PSU

Post by LucidDreams » Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:16 am

jackdan wrote:My question is, where can I buy a Seasonic Super Tornado 300 and be certain that it is a Rev A3?
I had the same problem as you mentioned when looking for the Seasonic Super Tornado (400 watt version). You can get it from the following link below - they state it's Rev.A03 so you know what your getting. They're a few bucks more then Newegg but atleast you have peace of mind knowing it'll be a Rev.A03 version.

http://www.excaliberpc.com/product_info ... ts_id=3085

Btw, I ended up getting a Cooler Master 450Watt power supply vs the Seasonic Super Tornado 400 (got it at Newegg). I looked at the numbers for the fan for both the Seasonic and Cooler Master and noticed that the Cooler Master is a bit more quiet - at least on paper. Also, I've read a few post here in these forums that the Seasonic fan isn't as quiet as they would've liked. The Seasonic is the best choice if you're willing to mod it with a new fan and don't need or worry about having more power for the future. I picked the Cooler Master because of the better fan specs (on paper - we'll have to wait for a review here to see what the real skinny is on how it compares to the Seasonic) and for the extra 50 watts - all while being the same cost as the Seasonic. See my post about the fan specs here: http://forums.silentpcreview.com/viewtopic.php?t=16234

Spinner
Friend of SPCR

Re: US/Canadian store to buy Seasonic PSU

Post by Spinner » Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:04 pm

jackdan wrote:Hi everyone, I'm assembling a new pc and of course I want it to be silent. Reading the recommend PSU guide it says that the new Rev A3 of the Seasonic Super Tornado 300 is the most silent one. Apparently previous revisions had a problem with the fan and the efficienty or something.

My question is, where can I buy a Seasonic Super Tornado 300 and be certain that it is a Rev A3? Have they been out long enough so that they are pretty much the norm now, or do stores still ship out older revisions?

On a side note, which would be better, an older revision of this PSU or the nexus NX-3000?

Thanks in advance,

Jd
The best way to know is to email them. I'm sure they'll be glad to tell you if they have Rev.3.

msm_zgok

Post by msm_zgok » Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:00 pm

Silicon Acoustics has A3 Seasonics. It says so on the product pages and the Seasonic I bought from them in August was A3.