Antec Phantom Confusion + Luxurae -- Split from User's Poll

PSUs: The source of DC power for all components in the PC & often a big noise source.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

BillA
-- Vendor --

Post by BillA » Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:46 am

why am I confused ?
this psu is 'recommended', right ?
but this thread says to me that I'm a fool if I buy one and it fails - because I had prior knowledge

I read the review and bought one from Directron, read this thread and canceled my order

if the 'best' product has these problems, . . . . .

anyone have experience with the Luxurae series ?
http://www.silenxusa.com/productcart/pc ... Category=2

we have a LX-4000 running an overclocked P4, but had to disconnect the 80W TEC on the GPU

wooglin
Patron of SPCR

Post by wooglin » Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:13 am

BillA wrote:why am I confused ?
this psu is 'recommended', right ?
but this thread says to me that I'm a fool if I buy one and it fails - because I had prior knowledge

I read the review and bought one from Directron, read this thread and canceled my order

if the 'best' product has these problems, . . . . .

anyone have experience with the Luxurae series ?
http://www.silenxusa.com/productcart/pc ... Category=2

we have a LX-4000 running an overclocked P4, but had to disconnect the 80W TEC on the GPU
Your post is likely to be removed and placed under a new topic heading, as this forum is specifically for Phantom OWNERS. Yes, there are problem units out there, but if you've indeed read the thread you've seen that Antec has stood behind their product with support that goes way beyond expectations.

If anything your research should tell you that the Phantom has a good company standing behind it, and if you're looking for fanless, then they might just be the best way to go.

Ironic that you're now asking about SilenX :wink: Do a search and make up your own mind about that 'manufacturer'

BillA
-- Vendor --

Post by BillA » Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:35 am

oops
mods feel free to move

will search here, had not noticed a review
Thanks