Burnt out PSU?

PSUs: The source of DC power for all components in the PC & often a big noise source.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

cdplayer

Burnt out PSU?

Post by cdplayer » Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:18 am

Good day!

Last night before going to bed I performed a orderly shutdown on one of my computers. The shutdown was uneventful.

I woke up this morning tapped the button on the front of the computer as I would any other morning only to discover that it won't turn on! :shock:

I reached to the back of the computer turned the box off for about 30 seconds then turned it back on. I then push the button on the front of the box, I get no response!

For the past two weeks, if I shutdown the machine and wanted to immediately turn it back on, I would have to wait at least two minutes before I could turn it back on no matter how many times I would hit the start button.

My guts tell me that the power supply is dead. How would I go about verifying that is the problem, better yet discovering what the problem is and resolving it.

I can tell this is going to be a long day... :(

Thanks!

IsaacKuo

Post by IsaacKuo » Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:32 am

You've got more than one computer, so the obvious first step would be to try swapping PSU's and see what happens. If the problem comes and goes with the suspected PSU, then that PSU is the problem.