Compadibility of the ASUS P5B and Antec NeoHE 430w?

PSUs: The source of DC power for all components in the PC & often a big noise source.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

JohnnyWakko

Compadibility of the ASUS P5B and Antec NeoHE 430w?

Post by JohnnyWakko » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:37 pm

Hi all

I have read some threads that the NeoHE has some issues with some ASUS products, I did a quick search but found 1000's of posts in my search in a little space of time.

Does anyone know if the Antec NeoHE has problems with the ASUS P5B?

I am looking to upgrade my MOBO to the ASUS very soon, and want to cover that my PSU will be compadible with it.

I don't see why straigh of the bat.
Last edited by JohnnyWakko on Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ultrachrome
Patron of SPCR

Post by ultrachrome » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:05 pm

It works fine with my P5B Deluxe although I'm in the process of trying to RMA the PSU due to a noisy fan.

Shhh,Peaceful

Post by Shhh,Peaceful » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:31 pm

There was a problem with some mobo's (especially ASUS) but that should be fixed now. Just make sure that where ever you buy the PSU from, turns there stock regularly.

I would suggest getting it direct from Antec if you can. Just avoid buying from someplace where it may have been sitting on there shelves or in a warehouse for a long time.

I have the NeoHE on an Asus P5N E-SLI board with no problems.

ultrachrome
Patron of SPCR

Post by ultrachrome » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:02 pm

I've purchased two B-stock P150's direct from Antec in the past two months. Both cases arrived with the latest A4 PSUs and both cases have Asus boards. One is an A8N5X and the second is a P5B Deluxe.

Both machines powered up without issue although I am RMA'ing the PSU of the second one due to an aggressive fan controller.