eh ? how many prosilence models are there ?

PSUs: The source of DC power for all components in the PC & often a big noise source.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

jackal2513

eh ? how many prosilence models are there ?

Post by jackal2513 » Sun May 11, 2003 3:19 pm

on that heatpipe german site there is a preview of what looks like a prosilence but 3cm longer with a fan at the front that apparently comes on at 64 C ?

Is this a new model or old, or up and coming. I think it says that the output is 400-450 W ?

not sure if the translated link will work:

http://translate.google.com/translate?u ... uage_tools

here is teh german version:

http://www.teschke.de/heatpipes/Neues/N ... ence2.html

i've emailed silentmax.de but in the meantime i'm confused ??? :roll:

jackal2513

Post by jackal2513 » Thu May 15, 2003 7:21 am

i find it hard to believe that no-one has picked up on this

if this product is to be released then providing the rails are steady then it'll be the best PSU ever created, simple as that. What about people who have just bought a 350 prosilence, aren't you concerened that you've just missed teh boat on this one ?

marc999
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by marc999 » Thu May 15, 2003 8:58 am

I think people may be reserved about it for two reasons:

1) The price
2) Where is it ?
If you check out Silicon Acoustics, they don't have it listed.

Personally, I'm very excited about it too, but who knows if or when it will come out, and if it will be available to us (depending on where we live). Also, maybe people want a fan'd PSU to try and keep their case temps low, and are therefore looking for the ultimate fanned PSU. I still don't know which one I would prefer. I guess if they could come out with a fanned PSU that was inaudible about 1 meter away during its whole load spectrum, that would probably be the best. Although, if you are only using 2 identical case fans, one as an intake, one as exhause, then the PSU will throw off your equalized air pressure in the case, which lands you back into ProSilence territory (if your wallet is deep enough). I think Power Supplies are the most complicated part of the Quiet PC equation !!

jackal2513

Post by jackal2513 » Thu May 15, 2003 9:05 am

there is a review of one so they must exist.. i would anticipat that they will be available pquite soon. I am going to mail the manufacturers. It will be available surely in Germany (therefore europe) and also are siliconacoustics i imagine so US as well.

aqua computing do make a water cooled psu .. no-one seems to have mentioned that here so i thought id mention it

iive been told that it will power all but a dual intel system although its only rated at 300W:

see:

http://www.aqua-computer-systeme.de/

http://www.aqua-computer-systeme.de/pro ... _l_500.jpg

marc999
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by marc999 » Thu May 15, 2003 9:28 am

I couldn't quite get the gist of that water-cooled one since it's all in German. I did check out the JPEG though and it looks like it's stainless steel or something !! It's beautiful. If it is all self contained (i.e. there aren't any hoses, reseviors, etc. outside of the PSU) and it requires no fan, then this could be potentially better than the ProSilence (if it cools itself sufficiently so that it doesn't heat up your case temperatures). It looks like in the (hopefully near) future we're going to have some very sophisticated and most likely superior PSU's to choose from. Maybe some one will make one with 100% copper heatsinks (I'm still perplexed why we haven't seen this yet, especially in the ProSilence line).

IceFire
Friend of SPCR

Post by IceFire » Thu May 15, 2003 10:30 am

marc999

From the pic, it is not self contain. There are two water hose connection on the back. Still, it is fanless and since it is water cool, its better than the prosilence. Now all we need is someone to sell this in the US and Canada.

Deephouse

Post by Deephouse » Thu May 15, 2003 11:22 am

I recently bought the Aqua Power by aqua-computer (I live in Amsterdam). I must say that I'm very disappointed as the combined 3,3v / 5v power is only 110w. I've used it with my watercooled P4 3,06 and 2 watercooled Barracudas V and the psu got extremely hot, up to a level where the cpu exceeded 60 degrees celcius and the system became to unstable to even boot. Now I must admit that this might be mainly because of the fact that I use 2 large Airplex 360 radiators (also by aqua-computer) passively :D (both outside the case, on top of it).

DARN, I was so close at a completely passively cooled system... my system was completely silent during its test, as I first wrapped the 2 watercooled Barracudas V in Magic Fleece and then a layer of NoiseBlocker around it. Truely 100% silent!

I will now opt for the ProSilence 350w Fanless. It's combined 3,3v / 5v power is 170w so this gives me more room, heck even for overclocking.

wussboy

Post by wussboy » Thu May 15, 2003 6:59 pm

Dang! That thing looks cool! How come no one has done this in the US (and done it with 400W)?

al bundy

Post by al bundy » Thu May 15, 2003 11:59 pm

jackal2513 wrote:there is a review of one so they must exist.. i would anticipat that they will be available pquite soon. I am going to mail the manufacturers. It will be available surely in Germany (therefore europe) and also are siliconacoustics i imagine so US as well...
I think that in that review they say the Prosilence Pro unit being reviewed was a handmade prototype only (?)

As a very happy user of the Prosilence 350, I will personally also be quite interested in the Prosilence Pro when it becomes available. It looks great to me. I'm hoping that SiliconAcoustics.com will carry it when it comes out, as I believe they are at this point the exclusive distributer of the Prosilence line in the USA. [Can anybody confirm this?]

Hey jackal2513, would you please let us know what the manufacturers say in their response to your inquiry? I think we'd all like to know what they say - Thanks!

8)