Antec Neo Eco

PSUs: The source of DC power for all components in the PC & often a big noise source.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

farns

Antec Neo Eco

Post by farns » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:11 pm

I found a review of these:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=317192

Seasonic made, they look good for the price, at least here in little NZ where all other 80+ PSUs are more expensive.
Has anyone compared these (subjectively or whatever) for noise under "computer idle" load?

I quote from review:

"Edit: After this review was done Hardwaresecrets.com reviewed the Seasonic S12II Bronze model which is the same design as the Antec Neo ECO

The fan is a 120mm ADDA AD1212MB-A70GL medium-speed ball-bearing affair rated for .33A, 2050rpm, 80.5cfm, .117 inches pressure and 38db noise.
"

The Adda fan is a very similar spec to those in the Seasonic and Corsair PSUs, just a marginally lower speed version according to the review.

What's encouraging though is whereas usually this type of Adda fan is set to "idle" around 4V plus, this one he tested at 2.73V and 600RPM.

The S12II Bronze with identical fan also seems to have the same fan setting (Xbitlabs reviewed it at 600rpm).

I was wondering if this Adda 12cm @ 600rpm would be as quiet as the Adda 8cm @ 900-950 rpm that's in my Antec Neo 550w?