In case there was any doubt, Seasonic support also rocks

PSUs: The source of DC power for all components in the PC & often a big noise source.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

Ethyriel

In case there was any doubt, Seasonic support also rocks

Post by Ethyriel » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:57 pm

I know we all tend to get caught up on forums in the negatives, and in the ultimate performance of a product. But as we all know, there are also failures. All else being equal, I'm a big fan of products whose companies back them up.

This X400 is my third Seasonic PSU, but the first time I had to contact support. Actually, I didn't really need to contact them, I was just inquiring on some accessories. See, it came with a 3 plug SATA cable, a 2 plug SATA cable, and a 2 plug 4-pin molex cable. Being anal about cable clutter, and using a fairly small case with 6 drives in my V354, I emailed them on Friday, January 14th about a store in the USA where I could buy another 3 plug SATA cable. By 2pm on Monday I had an email asking for my address, and by 4:15pm a shipment notification from UPS. I had 2x 2 plug SATA and 2x 3 plug SATA cables on my doorstep on Wednesday.

For some perspective, that came the same day as an order I made on Sunday from Amazon with Prime, two days before an order from FrozenCPU, and three days before an order from Newegg. Yes, some of that is geography, but I used to be able to expect orders from Newegg in two days. Seasonic, you rock, and everybody should know.

Compddd

Re: In case there was any doubt, Seasonic support also rocks

Post by Compddd » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:03 pm

I've refused to use any other PSU except Seasonic for years now :)