Power Supply Cage Compatibility

PSUs: The source of DC power for all components in the PC & often a big noise source.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

sinical1

Power Supply Cage Compatibility

Post by sinical1 » Wed May 18, 2011 5:27 pm

I have a HP-Q6100XC Power Supply Cage and a HP-R650FF3 Power Supply to go with it. They used to be installed in the Intel Server Chassis SC5299BRPNA. I am looking and getting a Chenbro SR107 series case. Does anyone know if the power supply cage from the Intel Server Chassis will fit in the Chenbro case. There is certainly is enough depth and width.

I am just not familiar with the Chenbro case enough to know if there is a removable plate in the PSU bay that will allow the cage to be installed with my power supply.

I hope I am making some sense here.

Thanks in advance for your help. I attached a picture of the power supply and cage for reference.

Cheers,

Diab
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fumino

Re: Power Supply Cage Compatibility

Post by fumino » Thu May 19, 2011 7:49 am

looking at chenbro's site for the case, i'd say there wont be a problem. 100% sure.

this plate is removable(it probably won't even be there if you buy the case without a psu) to fit other standard form factor power supplies. so yeah, your unit/cage will fit.

sinical1

Re: Power Supply Cage Compatibility

Post by sinical1 » Thu May 19, 2011 10:00 am

Thanks for the response and insight. I figure, worst case scenario, the most I would have to do is shave a mm or two and drill some matching mount holes for the psu cage.

I will let you know how the installation goes. I feel more comfortable armed with a second opinion.

Diab