Vertex Turbo?

Silencing hard drives, optical drives and other storage devices

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Eunos
Friend of SPCR

Vertex Turbo?

Post by Eunos » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:41 pm

I hadn't heard of this one, apologies if it's been mentioned before.

OCZ Vertex Turbo Series provides a cutting-edge design for enthusiasts looking to transform their desktops or laptops. Enabled by a proprietary firmware and 64MB of 180MHz DRAM cache, the Vertex Turbo Edition ramps up performance levels to new heights, while providing the snappy computing, longer battery life, and shorter boot-ups users have enjoyed from the original. The Vertex Turbo delivers best-in-class read and write speeds clocking in at up to 270MB/s read and 210MB/s write along with the lower power consumption and superior durability compared to conventional hard drives.

halcyon
Patron of SPCR

Post by halcyon » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:52 pm

It uses same controller/architecture as normal Vertex, but apparently with slightly faster NAND-memory chips. So about 10% faster at max.

Not worth the extra, imho.

OCZ Colossus with built-in RAID controller (SIL) and double Indilinx 'discs' inside might actually be much faster once it ships, but it's going to be really expensive.

kater

Post by kater » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:21 pm

Here's a smallish roundup with Vertex Turbo. It is just a tad quicker, but much more expensive, bleh.
clicky

Eunos
Friend of SPCR

Post by Eunos » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:52 pm

Another link including the Turbo from Anandtech:

http://www.anandtech.com/storage/showdoc.aspx?i=3631

"The Anthology took me six months to piece together; I wrote and re-wrote parts of that article more times than I'd care to admit. And today I'm charged with the task of producing its successor. I can't do it." :lol: