Chill Vent

Cooling Processors quietly

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Pete

Chill Vent

Post by Pete » Thu Feb 05, 2004 3:16 pm

Anybody had any experience with this cpu vent/cooler? It's a strange looking beast to say the least. :shock: Wonder how it would affect case airflow?

See it here: www.koolsolutions.net

Bluefront
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by Bluefront » Fri Feb 06, 2004 3:48 am

Unusual looking setup....I think it would work better if the intake was drawing air completely from outside the case, rather than just pointing it at some intake holes in the side of the case. Of course this might require the product to be more specifically designed for a particular case, maybe a particular M/B.

It would be difficult to design a solid duct which would fit every application...The Badong approach is probably better.

Here's my DIY duct I used in a Lanboy with an Alpha heatsink.

Pete

Post by Pete » Fri Feb 06, 2004 3:53 pm

Very well done. :)

I guess that's an 80mm fan on photo # 5 but I can't make out the brand name. Also, do you remember what your cpu temps were before and after your modification?

Bluefront
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by Bluefront » Fri Feb 06, 2004 4:31 pm

There's an SPCR article on this particular setup.....Bluefront's Lanboy. There really was no before, because I built it that way from the start. The final setup used a 92mm fan blowing in. When this fan was going, you couldn't get the CPU any cooler, no matter what you did. IMHO, this was the best CPU duct ever built. :D

It's history now.....I gutted the computer for a new project.