Scythe Infinity + Antec Solo --> Will it fit?

Cooling Processors quietly

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

icepik

Scythe Infinity + Antec Solo --> Will it fit?

Post by icepik » Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:45 pm

Will the Scythe Infinity fit in an Antec Solo? I was initially planning to use a Ninja to cool the e6400 I intend to buy soon. It's already been shown that the Ninja fits in an Antec Solo with no clearance issue.

The motherboard will be the Asus P5B-E. This forum is littered with comments stating that the new revision (rev. B) of the Ninja will not fit on the Asus Core2Duo motherboards so that leaves me in a conundrum. My second choice will be the Scythe Infinity.

The dimensions are 150mm high for the Ninja and the Infinity is 160mm. Has anyone successfully mounted the Infinity in an Antec Solo? Or will I be the guinea pig if I choose to attempt it? :)

Thanks!

icepik

Post by icepik » Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:45 am

I bit the bullet and ordered the new revision of the Scythe Ninja along with the Asus P5B-E. I figured, what the heck. I've got a perfectly good hacksaw just laying around getting dusty anyway :D. I'll just mod the bracket to fit if I run into the clearance issues that have been reported elsewhere here.

Freeco

Post by Freeco » Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:21 am

I'll probably will be using the same HW as you: Antec solo + Asus P5B-E + Scythe Ninja plus

Did it fit?

Kaleid

Post by Kaleid » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:53 pm

My brothers Gigabyte 956p-DS3 + Infinity + P150 fitted.