How to mount 2 fans onto a single Ninja???

Cooling Processors quietly

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

reyn116

How to mount 2 fans onto a single Ninja???

Post by reyn116 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:14 am

hi all, i have a question.

how do i mount 2 fans onto a single ninja? i only have 1 fan blowing @ it right now and i want to mount another 1 on the opposite side to draw air from it but the problem is that the fan blades touch the fins.

Atmosper

Post by Atmosper » Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:09 am

Don't bother. 2 fans in series move the same amount of air, only with twice the pressure. Since the Ninja hardly drops the pressure a great deal you have little to gain.

2 fans on the Ninja will most likely not increase the heat transfer by any noticable degree.

derekchinese

Post by derekchinese » Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:14 pm

it is usualy around 2'C difference at load between 1 and 2 fans

J. Sparrow

Post by J. Sparrow » Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:26 pm

If you already have a case fan behind the Ninja, you might see no difference at all.

However, elastic bands or metallic wires can be put to use.

Poodle

Post by Poodle » Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:01 pm

Here is my over the top gamer system that I gave to my brother as I don't have time to game any more (and he is a CG artist so he could use the overclocked E6600 and G80 for work as well).

Anyway look through the whole gallery log before jumping to conclusions. I encountered some problems during the build as I first thought that the bent fins of the Ultra 120 would be enough to minimize turbulence noise, but it didn't help much as the fan sucking air through the cooler was still too close to the cooler. I had to use a frame from another fan as spacer to escape the turbulence noise.

In Swedish: http://sweclockers.com/album/?id=583

Why i built all this? I actually built it because the Hr-01 I had wasn't really able to handle the heat from the Kentsfield that I had for a while but had to sell becuase I couldn't it afford in the long run.

Also I wanted to be able to use the whole front of the p180 as the only intake and I needed lots of pressure and ducts for that. I like to know where the air comes into the case so I can use dustfilters.

My brother likes to run this E6600 at 3Ghz now with stock Vcore and Eist enabled to reduce his electric bill so he uses a Hr-01 with just one duct and one case fan. So this cooling build is for sale if any one wants it. It performs really well if you have a hot chip like a Kenty.

Sorry if my spelling and grammar is fucked up as it's 4am here.

Next project is a low power media htcp....

reyn116

Post by reyn116 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:33 pm

should put that in the general gallery forum, nice setup :D