Need quiet fan for Thermalright CB6L

Cooling Processors quietly

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

RaynorWolfcastle
Friend of SPCR

Need quiet fan for Thermalright CB6L

Post by RaynorWolfcastle » Sun Dec 14, 2003 3:16 pm

Previously named - Quiet Blower: Anyone had experience with one? - and moved to proper forum - admin

I was thinking of buying an Arctic Cooling VGA Silencer for my Radeon 9700 Pro, but after giving it some thought, it's not worth CAD $34 + taxes and shipping when I could build myself something better for roughly the same price. :twisted:

I'll be using a low profile heatsink, sunch as this one here http://2cooltek.safeshopper.com/59/280.htm?651 and a blower.

I'm thinking of using an Antec cyclone (7V'd) as a blower as it's rated for 26 dB on Antec's site, but since I haven't seen any reviews of it I'd like to know if anyone has experience on how loud they are and how much air they move. Perhaps someone has experience with another quiet blower that might work?

I'll be ducting the whole thing to exhaust through the a PCI slot just as the Silencer does using clear acrylic or something similar. Hopefully, because of the high quality copper cooler I can keep everything nice and quiet :D

Anyhow, I apologize for my ramblings, does anyone use a quiet blower that moves a good amount of air?

GamingGod

Post by GamingGod » Sun Dec 14, 2003 4:22 pm

Check out Dynatron low profile heatsinks. They have several heatsinks made for amds that could be made to fit a video card. Keep in mind that not every cpu cooler is going to fit on a gpu without hitting various capacitors ect. Measure it first.

RaynorWolfcastle
Friend of SPCR

Post by RaynorWolfcastle » Sun Dec 14, 2003 5:13 pm

GamingGod wrote:Check out Dynatron low profile heatsinks. They have several heatsinks made for amds that could be made to fit a video card. Keep in mind that not every cpu cooler is going to fit on a gpu without hitting various capacitors ect. Measure it first.
I'm more interested in the blower right now. The heatsink shouldn't be a problem, I've got a dremel and drill and I'm not afraid to use them :o.

Alistair
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by Alistair » Thu Dec 18, 2003 4:23 pm

I'm confused, you're looking for a FAN for that heatsink? What size of Fan does it accept? Then just have a look at our Recommended Fanslist.

silvervarg

Post by silvervarg » Fri Dec 19, 2003 12:59 am

Alistar, I believe he is looking for a blower and not an axial fan. The recommended fans list only list axial fans.
The reason he wants a blower is presuambly to save space so he does not have to waste 3 PCI slots.