E-A-R/PVC isolators for 120mm fans. K8 or K6?

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

lazybum131

E-A-R/PVC isolators for 120mm fans. K8 or K6?

Post by lazybum131 » Mon Sep 15, 2003 9:43 pm

hey,

I am going to buy some melamine from McMaster-Carr and wanted to buy some of the fan isolators. From previous threads it seems either K8 or K6 will work, but i couldn't find where it specifies which works with which.

Took out a ruler and tried to measure which ones would work, but my measurements aren't precise enough for me to be sure.

Which ones are the ones that fit 120mm fans, specifically in the Sonata?

Will the ones used for smaller 80/92mm fans still work with 120mm?

Thanks!

Shadowknight

Post by Shadowknight » Tue Sep 16, 2003 3:53 am

k6=80/92mm
k8=120mm

Riffer

Post by Riffer » Tue Sep 16, 2003 4:01 am

Search all terms: Mcmaster ear panaflo

I think there is a thread that listed out a summary of ear vs mcmaster part numbers.

When you get your order, could you please post how the item was shipped, shipping cost, etc, as I wouldn't mind doing a mail order myself at a later date.

I was actually at the Westmont location on the 5th, but won't get back to Chicago until next summer.

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Ralf Hutter » Tue Sep 16, 2003 4:20 am

Riffer wrote:Search all terms: Mcmaster ear panaflo

I think there is a thread that listed out a summary of ear vs mcmaster part numbers.
There's actually many threads that summarize this topic. I just searched for "5801k6" and got 16 hits. "5801k8" gave me 19 hits. I bet at least half of those threads answer lazybum131's question.

lazybum131

Post by lazybum131 » Tue Sep 16, 2003 7:48 am

:oops:

it was pretty late when i posted...didn't even think about searching for the exact model number codes. searching for EAR came up with mostly unrelated posts. Did find the thread about Mcmaster-carr and EAR labelling, but they didn't specify in that thread.

Thanks for the clarification!
When you get your order, could you please post how the item was shipped, shipping cost, etc, as I wouldn't mind doing a mail order myself at a later date.
I can tell you how the packaging is, but shipping won't apply to you, I live in Canada. I emailed them before, they said shipping would be around $6-7 using Purolater. Pretty good for crossing the border. And they said no additional brokerage or duty fees would be added! Which is definitely better then shipping up to here using UPS or Fedex.

MikeK
Patron of SPCR

Post by MikeK » Tue Sep 16, 2003 8:23 am

They are really fast, the order process is set up really nicely too. The closest outlet they had to me was Chicago and I think they got it to me on the second day after the night I ordered it. Those fanmounts things are soo cool.

Riffer

Post by Riffer » Tue Sep 16, 2003 8:35 am

lazybum131 wrote:
I can tell you how the packaging is, but shipping won't apply to you, I live in Canada. I emailed them before, they said shipping would be around $6-7 using Purolater. Pretty good for crossing the border. And they said no additional brokerage or duty fees would be added! Which is definitely better then shipping up to here using UPS or Fedex.
You must still be tired - Check out my Location - City of Toronto - I am not exactly sure where Thornhill is, but I think it is fairly close :D

I was thinking of the Melamine, being pretty bulky, might cost a few extra $.

lazybum131

Post by lazybum131 » Tue Sep 16, 2003 1:13 pm

lol, yah i am still tired. Never seem to be able to go to bed on time! Kept nodding off during my lectures; I posted on the forums during my break at school.

Thornhill's just north of Toronto, just got back home from Downtown in fact. So shipping should probably be the same.

Using my sister's laptop right now, once I get on my computer I'll quote from the email McMaster-Carr sent about shipping costs.

lazybum131

Post by lazybum131 » Tue Sep 16, 2003 4:12 pm

Hello,

I'm interested in buying three or four pieces of "Melamine Foam Sound Absorbing Ceiling Tiles" (part # 9216T1).

Before I order I want to know how much it would cost to ship up to Canada?

Sincerely,

Stephen
and their reply was:
Approximate shipping charges to Canada would be $5.71. We ship Purolator, brokerage and duty-free.

Bruce,
McMaster-Carr

Riffer

Post by Riffer » Wed Sep 17, 2003 4:00 am

lazybum131 wrote:
Hello,

I'm interested in buying three or four pieces of "Melamine Foam Sound Absorbing Ceiling Tiles" (part # 9216T1).

Before I order I want to know how much it would cost to ship up to Canada?

Sincerely,

Stephen
and their reply was:
Approximate shipping charges to Canada would be $5.71. We ship Purolator, brokerage and duty-free.

Bruce,
McMaster-Carr
That is sweet!

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Ralf Hutter » Wed Sep 17, 2003 5:22 am

Bruce,
McMaster-Carr
Dayem! It would cost that much to ship from McMaster to me and I only live about 15 miles away from them. That's almost enough to make me want to move to Canada. Too bad other US dealers won't use that Purolator shipping service.