Verax / Directron rubber stick users: Install. Experiences?

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Ephemeron

Verax / Directron rubber stick users: Install. Experiences?

Post by Ephemeron » Sun Aug 15, 2004 3:49 pm

I just order two pair of these for my 120mm exhaust and intake fans. They'll be here in about a week. I'm curious to know, due to time and money constraints, the following things:

a) what case you used
b) how you mounted the sticks
c) what fans you ended up using on them

Me, I have an Antec SLK3700AMB so it appears I will have to drill a new hole in between the existing two holes that held the plastic clip (since disposed of) for each corner of the fan. I know the drill bit size for those blue EAR grommets is apparently 3/16;" what size did you drill installers use for your sticks?

Also, I've read here that the sticks might have some trouble supporting the weight of some of the heavier aluminum (?) fans. I've got a 120 x 38 Panaflo in the rear, which while not aluminum is sitll heavier th thinner fans. I hope it will be enough to support the weight. The front of my case only fits a 120 x 25 (still haven't decided which one), so I think I'll be okay there.

Ephemeron

Post by Ephemeron » Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:00 am

Well, this has been up for a few days now. I'll find out for myself soon enough, I guess. Perhaps I posted this in the wrong forum. Mods, could you perhaps move this to the Cases and Damping forum?