Fanmate placement?

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

rei

Fanmate placement?

Post by rei » Sun May 08, 2005 11:49 pm

Here's one I searched for and didn't see pics/discussion on.

Anyone have pics or ideas about where they place their fanmates?

Gholam

Post by Gholam » Sun May 08, 2005 11:58 pm

Most cases these days still have punch-outs in the back for mounting DB9/DB15/DB25 connectors. I usually open up one of those, draw the cable through, and mount the fanmate on the back wall of the case, to the side of the slot openings. That way, it isn't visible from the front, but assuming the case is on the desk and not under it, it is very easy to reach around and fiddle with the knob.

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Ralf Hutter » Mon May 09, 2005 6:02 am

You can place them wherever you want to, using some double sided tape, velcro or cable ties, etc.

I try and place mine on the back side of the mobo tray so I can get to them for adjustment (while the system is running) without having to thread my hand through a bunch of spinning fans and active electronics.

dfrost

Post by dfrost » Mon May 09, 2005 2:17 pm

I attached mine on the back of a spare 5.25" drive bay cover, with holes for the knob and cooling holes. Here's what it looks like from the outside, and here you can see the attachment with double stick foam tape. When not tweaking it regularly, I've attached it with double stick tape to the inside bottom of the case, and I considered attaching it to a PCI slot cover.