Quiet 80mm LED fans that undervolt well?

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

retroconcrete

Quiet 80mm LED fans that undervolt well?

Post by retroconcrete » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:41 pm

I admit that this is definitely a stupid vanity thing, but I'm looking to put three quiet 80mm LED fans that I can adjust/undervolt using a fan controller. In this case, I have a Vantec Nexus something-or-other that seems to do its job well, so that's what I'll be using to control the fans I'll be getting. Flange connectors preferred, but not necessary by any means - they fan needs to be the standard 25mm thick, though.

I was looking at this Coolermaster fan here and was wondering if it was any good. What do you guys think?

On a side note, is it worth it to replace an Antec Tricool running on its lowest setting with a Yate Loon D12SL-12? I notice hardly any noise except for slight whoosing when my ear is right next to it.

Weldingheart

Post by Weldingheart » Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:40 am

Newer CM led fan is decently quiet as reported by some spcr member,just do the search

another alternatives:
Arctic Cooling Pro 2LTC, beware it's a 34.5mm thick fan
Sharkoon Silent Eagle 2000,the golf ball thingie :lol: there's also 1000rpm version (which I doubt need to be fancontrolled)
Aerocool led fans also reported somewhere as pretty quiet with smooth characterictic

Lawrence Lee
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Lawrence Lee » Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:18 pm

The Coolermaster 80mm is a good choice. Undervolts well and has a low startup voltage. Keep in mind the LEDs will dim though when you undervolt.