High "AUX" reading in SpeedFan and other stuff

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

AndeeG

High "AUX" reading in SpeedFan and other stuff

Post by AndeeG » Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:00 pm

I built my first computer a few weeks ago so I'm still a beginner with a lot of stuff, including fan control, noise management, etc. I downloaded speedfan earlier today and everything seems to work fine, with temps about the same as PC Probe. However, the AUX reading is showing 125C. What sensor is this and why is it showing such a high reading?

Also, when i click automatic fan speed, nothing seems to happen. My CPU Fan (stock Intel) consistently runs at around 1800rpm, which seems to keep it plenty cool but is a bit loud. I think that I would be fine running lower rpms, but the auto fan speed in speedfan doesn't seem to do it. When I tried QFan, it kept CPU fan speeds at 800rpm IIRC even under load, which was obviously insufficient.

Bluefront
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by Bluefront » Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:19 am

Read the SpeedFan documentation....it should explain everything fairly well. That 125C reading is probably something SpeedFan cannot figure out....no doubt meaningless. The SpeedFan reading will default to 125C in such a situation.

Not all fans can be controlled by SpeedFan. It depends on the particular board. Of the dozens of boards I have used, SpeedFan can only control two. I have never been a big supporter of the SpeedFan control anyway......there are several external controllers that work much better. NoiseMagic controllers work excellent, as do models by M-Cubed.

NoiseMagic

SPCR Thread

This one requires you to extend the sensor, but it works perfect.