T balancer ?

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

jackal2513

T balancer ?

Post by jackal2513 » Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:55 pm

I would like a simple fan controller which responds to Speedfan hard drive and CPU temp readings and also something like Riva Tuner for the GPU temp. and is able to control the voltage to my nexus fans.

is the T balancer able to do this ? If so which model would i need ... i find their range alittle confusing ? I am not sure that it can work with Riva Tuner ... maybe it will work with Ati tool ? I basically would like to have a few safety fans in my system that kick in only during extreme temperatures.

all help apprecaited

sanse

Post by sanse » Sat Dec 23, 2006 3:42 pm

the latest version of the t-navigator software can read speedfan and motherboard monitor values. riva-tuner values are not supported. if you have a nvidia graphics card and if your motherboard is supported you could use motherboard monitor and a plugin to get the temp of the graphics card from the driver software.

for this plugin have a look at http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6798

BUT, why would you want to use the t-balancer with software sensors? the charme of the device is that it has it's own sensors and once configured it works os and software independent. so your fans keep turning even, when windows or linux goes havoc.

jackal2513

Post by jackal2513 » Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:16 am

thanks for that

well, i want fans to respond specifically to chip core temps and hard drive temps

I can't imagine that the included T-balancer temp probes will be as accurate as the on die figures of the P4 and X850 sensors (or SMART hdd figures). And in my experience its near impossible to properly mount third party probes to cpu's and graphics cards etc..

sanse

Post by sanse » Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:35 am

in that case you could assign 2 sensors to a fan. one software- and one hardware-sensor.

however using the t-ban sensors alone does work fine. good enough.

jackal2513

Post by jackal2513 » Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:13 am

do you need attenuators with nexus fans to stop them clicking ?

sanse

Post by sanse » Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:19 am

the latest version of the t-ban is called the bigNG and has besides pwm- also analog-output. so no need for attenuators.

why don't you have a look at t-balancer.com and the mcubed-forum? you can talk to the developer himself there.