Gelid Silent Fan Review (80mm & 120mm TC and PWM)

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

tiesum

Gelid Silent Fan Review (80mm & 120mm TC and PWM)

Post by tiesum » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:15 am

Introduction

Gelid Solutions Ltd. is a Hong Kong based company with Swiss Management that was founded in 2008 by Gebhard Scherrer and VC Tran. Both have worked in the PC Cooling industry for a number of years and successfully built up an IT company with their expertise. Gelid designs and manufactures thermal solutions, CPU coolers, fans, and other computer hardware for both gamers and silent enthusiasts. The CPU Coolers are not yet finished but are coming soon.

The fans and coolers are devided in two categories: Gamers and Silent. Also Gelid produces some accessories like a very handy PWM Y Cable. Today I will be reviewing fans from the Silent series. In the 80 mm size it will be the Silent 8. In the 120 mm size it will be the Silent 12TC and the Silent 12PWM.

The English word "gelid" is derived from the Latin word “gelidusâ€
Last edited by tiesum on Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

DMF

Post by DMF » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:28 am

Good looking fans. Too bad they're not available in North America.

thejamppa
Location: Missing in Finnish wilderness, howling to moon with wolf brethren and walking with brother bears

Post by thejamppa » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:26 pm

They look nice. They did not had regular screws? Its bit pain the but use silicone soft mounts, unless they have been designed to be used several times... since usually when you plkay it, you need to breake them if you change fan etc...

madman2003

Post by madman2003 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:12 pm

I just want to say that nexus are not that expensive anymore, a while back i bought some (120mm) for ~6 euro. I suppose this is not true everywhere, but still, it's something to consider.