Any 92mm Blue LED quiet fans out there?

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

not2bhot

Any 92mm Blue LED quiet fans out there?

Post by not2bhot » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:04 pm

I know 92mm fans are hard enough to find... anyone know of a 92mm fan with LED that's also quiet? Arctic cooling doesn't seem to have it and neither does Scythe or that Yuan something.

Figured I'd splurge and make my first frivolous purchase and make the front of the case slightly attractive but alas it looks like I'm coming up short!

Help! :lol:

jhhoffma

Post by jhhoffma » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:56 pm

You can't have LED fans AND still have an attractive case! :lol:

LED fans are clear fan and as a result are more brittle and prone to vibrations than opaque fans. Not to mention that fans that are primarily designed to look good can't also primarily be designed to be quiet.

In short, I'm not aware of any blue 92mm LED fans that are quiet.

NeilBlanchard

Post by NeilBlanchard » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:29 am

Hi,

Buy the lowest RPM fan that has blue LED and slow them down to be as quiet as possible. The only difference between various blue LED fans is the motor and bearing noise, and maybe balance. They all tend to be high speed, and yes because of the brittle clear plastic, they will never be as quiet as other fans.

not2bhot

Post by not2bhot » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:50 am

Thanks! Yeah I didn't think there were but worth a shot.

I found an Evercool (2200rpm), a very expensive SilenX Ixtrema (1600rpm) and Zalman ZM-F2BL (2800rpm) that were blue led lit.

Anyone used them before?

QuietOC

Post by QuietOC » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:22 am

NeilBlanchard wrote:They all tend to be high speed, and yes because of the brittle clear plastic, they will never be as quiet as other fans.
I've seen black framed fans with LEDs. They were at least being made several years ago when I sold computers. It should be pretty easy to add LEDs to any normal plastic frame fan. You could buy a cheap 92mm LED equipped fan and a quiet 92mm fan and swap over the LEDs.