Looking for ITX Case - need help

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

discopig

Looking for ITX Case - need help

Post by discopig » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:27 pm

Hi all,

I am looking to build a new computer for my wife and was hoping to go ITX. I have no real reason to go ITX over mATX other than it would be fun to build and she likes the idea of it being "cute". So I am looking for an ITX case that supports a 3.5" Hdd, an external built-in card reader (or a 3.5" slot for one) and room for an internal disk drive. Would also be really nice if it was "girlie" (Like the In Win Allure).

Oh, and availability in Canada would be helpful but I am sure I could figure that out.

I don't think I could be more demanding... Anyone have any ideas. I have scoured google into the wee hours in the morning!

Thanks so much!

Adam

hans007

Post by hans007 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:02 am

The inwin BM series probably would work.

I just ordered a bm643 myself.

it looks pretty small, supports 3.5" drives, and you can put a card reader on it if you use a laptop optical drive (if you use a normal one, no card reader)

Linnaeus Tripe

Post by Linnaeus Tripe » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:16 am

I have the In Win BM648 and it looks nice, but the small PSU fan is fairly loud and runs most of the time. I am in the process of swapping out the PSU for a Pico, and I am hopeful that will be an improvement.

With a slim-optical drive, there is room for a reasonable heatsink - I am using an Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 LP which has been adequate, but not stellar.

JamieG

Post by JamieG » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:27 am

Have you looked at any of the Apex ITX cases? SPCR reviewed the MI-008 recently. (I think similar cases are sold under the name Aywun in other parts of the world).

erichatesmice

Post by erichatesmice » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:20 pm

Would you consider getting a Shuttle?