Acousti Products - AcoustiFans

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

chylld

Acousti Products - AcoustiFans

Post by chylld » Fri Oct 17, 2003 5:03 am

As this is the first post on this site I'll have to say that this is an extraordinary site with a bunch of really focused people who really know their stuff. The wealth of knowledge one can learn from just the forums is immense.. indeed, I'm spending most of my web-surfing time at this website. Well done guys, keep up the good job!

I was wondering if you guys were going to be doing a review of the AcoustiFans that (should have) just went into production (by Acousti Products). The numbers seem to rival those of the L1A's you all rave about, and they come in 80mm, 92mm and 120mm flavours.

http://www.acoustiproducts.com/en/acoustifan.asp

Hope you guys can convince Acousti to send you some review samples.

Looking forward to becoming part of an awesome(ly) dedicated community.
Jonathan

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Post by haysdb » Fri Oct 17, 2003 7:15 am

Flattery will get you everywhere. :wink:

Neither US reseller has them listed yet.

Since Acousti is not a fan manufacturer, but is having an existing company make these fans for them, I don't imagine they will be any quieter than other fans already available. Having said that, I'd think Nexus would be in the same boat, and I am VERY pleased with their new fan, so anything is possible. Certainly "hope springs eternal" that someone will offer a full line of 80, 92, and 120mm fans that are reliable (consistantly quiet), not TOO expensive (less than Papst, for example), and support RPM monitoring. Is that really asking so much?

David

Sledge

Post by Sledge » Fri Oct 17, 2003 8:57 am

Speaking of products that aren't listed yet, Noiseblocker has updated their site. Hopefully sales will start soon.

edz

Post by edz » Tue Oct 28, 2003 8:30 am

QuietPC UK has them now:
http://www.quietpc.com/uk/casefans.php
look expensive though =/

chylld

Post by chylld » Tue Oct 28, 2003 11:11 pm

yikes :shock: that's really expensive. i think i'd rather spend that kind of money on a watercooling setup!

thanks for the pointer though.